AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain the new contracting opportunities for hospice in 2021
- Describe key elements of a managed care strategy/business plan
- Understand third-party payer needs, processes, and goals
- Identify and sell your agency’s value proposition
- Outline the contracting process
- Differentiate between good and bad contracting opportunities
CMS continues to move towards involving hospice care in value-based payment programs, such as the forthcoming 2021 Medicare Advantage (MA) carve-in. This is considered to be the most impactful value-based initiative for hospice. The details of how the carve-in will work are not yet defined, however it’s anticipated that the MA plans will not limit hospice care to the last six months of life. CMS’s intention is to increase access to hospice services and facilitate coordination between hospice providers and clinicians, thus incorporating hospices into an integrated care continuum. CMS does not intend to eliminate the Medicare hospice benefit’s per diem payment model. This presents opportunities for agencies to enter value-based payment programs.
Is your agency prepared for the opportunities with managed markets? What about value-based payment programs? The contracting process? What are your managed markets strategic plans? What value propositions make contracting with you a MUST? This webinar is designed to help your agency answer those questions and understand the dos and don’ts of successful managed care contracting. Due diligence before entering a contract is critical to success.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is intended for executive and agency leadership involved with strategic growth, marketing, and planning. This includes CEOs, CFOs, DOPCs, directors of managed markets/business development, intake/referral staff, case managers, provider network relations staff, board members and advisors, sales/marketing personnel, business office managers, clinical leadership, and medical directors.
- Sample letter of intent (LOI) for managed care contracting designed to showcase an organization’s value proposition
- Managed care contracting guide
- Resource list with links to6 Steps to Managed Care Contracting, How to Structure Managed Care Contracts,and10 Step Contracting Plan
- Interactive quiz